A position for a doctoral candidate is available in Leila Taher’s lab at the Institute for Biomedical Informatics at Graz University of Technology (Austria). We develop and apply regulatory genomics and systems biology approaches to analyze large genomic datasets. Our long-term goal is to gain novel insights into the mechanisms and evolution of differential gene expression.
For more details, see
Required academic qualification:
Master’s level degree in Bioinformatics, Informatics in the Natural Sciences, Applied Computer Sciences, Bioengineering or equivalent.
In addition, the successful candidate should have
- good programming skills (e.g., Perl, Python, R; see "Beginning Perl for Bioinformatics" by James D. Tisdall and "Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills" by Cynthia Gibas and Per Jambeck).
- a proven knowledge of Molecular Biology at the level of Benjamin Lewin’s "Genes XII".
- a solid understanding of statistics.
- familiarity with UNIX/Linux, including shell scripting.
- experience with the analysis of Illumina NGS data, building NGS pipelines (e.g., Snakemake) and using of bioinformatics tools.
- a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- the willingness and ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- proficient in both written and oral English.
- self-motivated, with strong work ethics.
Please, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Leila Taher and with the subject “PhD BIOINFO NANTES”. An application package must contain the following documents (in English, all in one PDF file):
1.A cover letter with a short explanation for how this position fits into your interests and career aspirations.
3.Copies of your transcripts and certificates.
4.Contact information for two references.
Only complete applications will be considered.