Advaita Bioinformatics is seeking a Senior Developer
Advaita is a small company with big ideas. We develop bioinformatics tools that allow biomedical researchers to understand the underlying biological phenomena behind large and complex datasets. Our advanced computational methods emphasize a systems-biology approach that enhances researchers’ understanding of disease mechanisms by placing gene expression, genetic variation, clinical data, and environmental effects into biological context.
We offer competitive pay and benefits in a vibrant work environment.
We are searching for a developer with at least 3 years experience in Front-end development of web applications.
The successful candidate will have an artistic vision for developing intuitive, easy-to-use web applications for biomedical researchers. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art technology in data visualization and web application development.
• Design and develop user-friendly bioinformatics tools for visualizing biological data including gene signaling pathways and protein-protein interactions.
• Develop and maintain the front-end of existing bioinformatics tools including visualization of data related to gene and disease ontology, and variants.
We prefer candidates who already have at least 3 years experience with the following technologies and are willing to expand their expertise:
• Experience developing easy-to-maintain web applications using Bootstrap 3 or Angular Material, and CSS stylesheets
• Experience in using RESTful APIs
• Experience using GIT for code versioning
• Experience building web application using Maven, Spring-boot, Spring Web
The candidate will likely acquire new skills such as:
• Using security protocols such as OAuth 2.0
• Using agile development processes such as SCRUM
• Data engineering and visualization of biological data using tools such as Cytoscape.js
• Backend technology such as with Docker, Java, Spring-Framework, R and relational databases such as PostgreSQL
• Problem solving and data engineering using R or Python libraries for data science (e.g., Bioconductor, NumPy, Pandas)
• Integrate products using Amazon Web Services such as notification services (SNS), and queue services (SQS), and EC2 Container Service (ECS)
email Rich McEachin email@example.com