A position for a doctoral candidate is available in Leila Taher’s lab at the Institute for Biomedical Informatics at Graz University of Technology (Austria). We develop and apply regulatory genomics and systems biology approaches to analyze large genomic datasets. Our long-term goal is to gain novel insights into the mechanisms and evolution of differential gene expression.
For more details, see www.tugraz.at/fileadmin/user_upload/tugrazExternal/1565e0f6-6c94-4077-a118-f84bc91c4b07/Stellenausschreibung_Bioinfo_EN.pdf.
Master’s level degree in Bioinformatics, Informatics in the Natural Sciences, Applied Computer Sciences, Bioengineering or equivalent.
The successful candidate should also:
- Possess good programming skills (e.g., Perl, Python, R; see "Beginning Perl for Bioinformatics" by James D. Tisdall and "Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills" by Cynthia Gibas and Per Jambeck).
- Have a proven knowledge of Molecular Biology at a level of Benjamin Lewin’s "Genes XII".
- Be proficient in both written and oral English.
- Be creative, independent and self-motivated.
- Have a strong interest in interdisciplinary research and the ability to work in a team.
Experience with Machine Learning applications and/or sequencing technologies (in particular, Oxford Nanopore Technologies) would be of advantage.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com including a cover letter with a short explanation for how this position fits into your interests and career aspirations, your CV, copies of your transcripts and certificates, and contact information of two references. Please indicate the "Job ID Number" (7200/19/032) in the subject of your e-mail.