We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Computational and Statistical Genomics Group at University of California, Riverside.
The postdoctoral fellow will work under the supervision of Dr. Wenxiu Ma and focus on developing computational and statistical methods for big data problems motivated from genomics and epigenomics. Possible research topics include modeling the 3D chromatin architecture using Hi-C data, integrating chromatin structure with ChIP-seq, RNA-seq and other functional genomics assays, and investigating the interplay between genome architecture and gene regulation. The research will be carried out in collaboration with a variety of research groups at the University of California, Riverside and elsewhere. For more information, please check out faculty.ucr.edu/~wenxiu/openings.html
The initial appointment will be for one year, with the potential for annual extensions on mutual consent. The position includes a generous benefits package. Starting date is flexible. Visa sponsorship is available for non-US candidates.
The University of California at Riverside, located in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, is close to Los Angeles and San Diego. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Postdoctoral fellows at the University of California are represented by a labor union.
An ideal candidate would have:
* a recently completed PhD degree in closely related area (computer science, statistics, biostatistics, applied mathematics, computational biology, or bioinformatics)
* strong training in quantitative modeling (machine learning, Bayesian inference, etc.) or computational genomics experiences (high-throughput sequencing data analysis, algorithm development, etc.)
* proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, C/C++, Java, Matlab, or R)
* a track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
* good spoken and written communication skills
Interested applicants should submit a CV, a brief research statement, and contact information of three references to Dr. Wenxiu Ma at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please discuss why you are interested in this position.