A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the Department of Biostatistics at Virginia Commonwealth University. The main focus will be the development of biostatistical methods and bioinformatics tools for the analysis and interpretation of the 3D structure of the human genome (Hi-C data). Numerous collaborative opportunities are available. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks a stimulating interdisciplinary work environment.
• Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related field;
• Working experience in the bioinformatics analysis, integration, and interpretation of high-throughput sequencing data; experience with single-cell or metagenomics analysis is considered a plus;
• Demonstrated experience with the application of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods to biomedical data; experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow) is considered a plus;
• Proficiency in programming, data analysis and data visualization using R/Bioconductor, familiarity with Linux command line and high-performance computing environments, version control with Git, is required. Experience with at least one of Python/Jupyter, Matlab, C, Java is considered a plus;
• Must demonstrate strong personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as a part of a team;
• A track record of publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals;
• Fluent in English (oral and written).