We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Staff Member to conduct research in the areas of computational systems biology. This position is in the Biochemical and Biophysical Systems group in the Biotechnology and Biosciences Division.
- Conduct research in whole-cell modeling collaboration with other researchers.
- Develop new computational tools for high performance computing studies.
- Organize, analyze and present data from research.
- Develop models and transition existing models to a new network.
- Develop spatially multi-scale dynamic reaction and transport models of biophysical systems.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment and other national laboratories and industry to accomplish research goals.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences, seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent PhD in computer science, bioengineering, physics, mathematics or related field.
- Experience with system-level modeling methods: Stochastic simulation algorithm (SSA), Ordinary differential equations (ODE), and Flux Balance Analysis (FBA).
- Understanding of the concepts of systems biology and/or whole cell modeling.
- Experience in mathematical modeling of cellular phenomena.
- Experience with programming language skills, including C, C++, and Python.
- Ability as an innovative experimenter with a broad range of experience in experimental design, techniques, and execution.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Familiarity with computer language design, and parallel programming, including MPI, OpenMP, and Charm++.
- Understanding the concept of optimistic parallel discrete event simulation.
- Familiarity with relevant tools like COBRA, COPASI, Vcell, etc.
- Experience with parallel programming, including MPI, and Charm++.
Please apply for the position by visiting this website: careers-llnl.ttcportals.com/jobs/4384952-computational-systems-biology-postdoctoral-researcher