A postdoctoral research associate position is available at the Computational Medicine lab led by Dr. Li Liu at the Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University (ASU). The lab focuses on developing computational methods to advance precision medicine by integrating multi-omics data analytics and evolutionary theories. The successful candidate is expected to
1. Conceive and design experiments and develop algorithms to analyze large-scale genomic data and clinical data, focusing on biomarker discovery for disease diagnosis, prognosis and therapy.
2. Publish scientific papers from the results of the research work in appropriate refereed scientific journals and present findings at local and national research conferences and forums.
3. Conceive, write and submit grant proposals and contribute to writing grant and contract proposals.
4. Help to train and supervise graduate students in the lab.
5. Work toward research independence.
1. PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related field with strong computational component is required.
2. Research experience related to any of the three fields, including phylogenetics, population genetics, and machine-learning.
3. Sound knowledge of systems-level biological data. Exceptional candidates in Computer Science who are willing to learn genomics are also encouraged to apply.
4. Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting language (e.g. Java or Perl)
5. Proficiency in at least one statistical or scientific computing package (e.g. R or Matlab)
6. Detail-oriented, flexible, self-motivated
7. Excellent verbal and written English communications skills
8. Ability to work as part of a team
To apply, please send cover letter, CV, summary of past work, and the names and email addresses of three references to Dr. Li Liu (email@example.com). Please put “Postdoctoral Research Associate” in the subject line.