• Identify of opportunities for genetics-based science to improve GSK target quality and use human genetic evidence to drive decisions on target selection, validation and patient stratification.
• Participate in project teams with GSK scientists and external collaborators. Be responsible for effective communication of genetic findings, with expert interpretation, to relevant stakeholders and project teams.
• Find creative solutions and work with agility to address challenging scientific questions.
• Contribute to the developing science of drug target identification and validation, providing scientific expertise within Human Genetics and across the Research organization.
• M.A., M.S., Ph.D, or equivalent experience in human genetics, statistical genetics, pharmacogenetics, genomics, clinical pharmacology, biology or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to drive genetics based scientific projects
• Experience in population based genetic studies, for example GWAS or PheWAS.
• Demonstrated skills working in teams to find creative ways to address scientific questions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills