• Identifying and implement opportunities for genetics based science to improve GSK target quality and use human genetic evidence to drive decisions on target selection, validation and patient stratification.
• Be responsible for detailed genetic assessments to inform GSK decisions regarding the projects to start and progress.
• Participating in project teams with GSK scientists and external collaborators. Be responsible for effective communication of genetic findings, with expert interpretation, to relevant stakeholders and project teams.
Finding creative solutions and work with agility to address challenging scientific questions.
• M.A., M.S., Ph.D, or equivalent experience in human genetics, statistical genetics, pharmacogenetics, genomics, clinical pharmacology, biology or related field.
• Experience in population based genetic studies, for example GWAS or PheWAS.
• Demonstrated skills working in teams to find creative ways to address scientific questions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.