The Tan research group (tanlab4generegulation.org) is interdisciplinary and highly collaborative, utilizing both computational and experimental approaches to study gene regulation. We have pioneered multiple computational algorithms for regulatory genomics, epigenomics, and network biology.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate for a bioinformatics database developer and analyst position. Key areas of responsibilities include continued development and curation of bioinformatics databases, collecting and analyzing genomics datasets, summarizing results and preparing reports, contributing to manuscripts/publications. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on several research projects funded by the National Institutes of Health. The position will provide additional research training in cutting edge bioinformatics skill sets.
The desired candidate must have BS (MS is preferred) in computer science, computational biology, statistics, mathematics or related field with a strong understanding of biology.
* Demonstrated expertise with Python, Perl, R.
* Hands-on experience managing data from large-scale studies
* Practical understanding of database design and development
* Strong experience working in a Unix environment
* Demonstrated understanding of best practices for software development
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Well-developed time management project planning skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates please send CV, cover letter, and three reference letters to Kai Tan, firstname.lastname@example.org.